PLEASE NOTE: in order save your personal information on the following PDF forms, you will need to:
- have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Click here for Free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- save the PDF form to your computer desktop prior to entering your personal information.
Current Student Forms
Advancement to Candidacy (ATC) Forms:
Culminating Experience (CE) Forms:
- Culminating Experience
- Culminating Experience Checklist
- FERP Emeritus Thesis Agreement
- Joint Culminating Experience Project
- Petition For Committee Revision
- Thesis / Dissertation / Written Creative Works / Music Composition Guidelines
- Title Change for Culminating Experience
- Steps to a Graduate Degree
- Application For Award of Degree/Graduation
- Certificate Approved Program - Generic
- Certificate Approved Program - Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Certificate Approved Program - Autism Spectrum
- Certificate Approved Program - Clinical Laboratory Science
- Report of Completion - (This form is issued by the academic department only. The Division of Graduate Studies does not give this form out to students. Please contact your graduate advisor or program/department office for assistance.)
- Request for Reissue of Diploma
Waivers and Petitions:
- Change of Graduate Program
- Exceed Regular Academic Unit Load
- Graduate Independent Study 899 Form
- Leave of Absence Request (Educational or Health)
- Probation and/or Reinstatement/Disqualification Forms
- Residency Questionaire
- Residence Reclassification Request
- Seven Year Limit Extension
- Transfer Unit Evaluation
- UC Berkeley SFSU Cross Registration
- Waiver of Graduate Program Regulations
- Petition for Withdrawal to Course or the University
- Graduate Application Form for DOMESTIC Applicants
Petition for Graduate Admission Exception (PGA) Form
The Petition for Graduate Admission Exception (PGA) requires departmental support. Please contact your department to request an appointment with a graduate coordinator or department chair for assistance in completing this petition. Incomplete petitions will be returned to the student until all supporting documentation can be provided.
Residency Questionnaire Form
This form is requested during initial review of an application when California Residency cannot be determined from information provided on the CSU Application for Graduate Admissions. You will be notified by mail or email if this form is needed. Submit this form ONLY when requested by the Division of Graduate Studies.
SFSU students are required to show proof of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) Immunization. In addition SFSU students who are 18 years old or younger will need to show proof of Hepatitis B immunization at the beginning of their first semester. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in a registration hold.
Transfer Unit Evaluation
Graduate courses taken at another university are not automatically transferable to a SF State program. At the discretion of your department faculty, with support of the Dean of Graduate Studies, a maximum of 6 semester units may be used in meeting the requirements of a 30 unit program, or proportionally more for a program requiring 45 or more units. Students requesting transfer of units should confer with the department chair or graduate coordinator and the Division of Graduate Studies during the admission process or immediately after notification of admission.
Special Major Application
Must work with Graduate Studies Advisor to develop program.
The documents linked on this page may have accessibility issues. If you encounter problems with accessing or filling out the document, please contact: Graduate Technology