How can an SF State Graduate Advisor assist you?
The Division of Graduate Studies offers counseling and advising regarding issues ranging from admission to graduation. Whether you are a current, prospective masters, doctoral or credential student, we are here to assist you.
- Graduate school application support: Admissions policies, domestic application procedures, re-applying to the university, University policies and procedures
- Career exploration: Career exploration, resumes, cover letters, post-graduate applications and essays
- Continuing Student Issues: Program withdrawal/transfer, policies and procedures
- Probation Guidance & Support: Academic planning and GPA analysis, personal and academic stress
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
To schedule a one-on-one advising session, please book an appointment on-line. For questions about scheduling an advising appointment, please call (415) 405-3655. Please include the following information when requesting an advising session.
- First and Last name
- SF State ID # (if applicable)
- Phone number and email address
- Reason for your appointment
- Please refer to the below schedule of availability for advising appointments.
- Please also indicate if you've been working with an advisor in our office previously so that you can be paired with the same advisor.
Our office will respond to your request for an advising session within 24 business hours. Drop-in advising may be available during the hours posted below but is not guaranteed.
Please bring to advising a copy of transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.