Graduate Studies Advising
How can an SF State Graduate Advisor assist you?
The Division of Graduate Studies offers counseling and advising regarding issues ranging from admission to graduation. Whether you are a current, prospective masters, doctoral or credential student, we are here to assist you.
To schedule a one-on-one advising appointment, review the services offered below and call (415) 338 - 2231.
- Program exploration: Selecting a graduate program, Grade Point Average (GPA) calculations
- Graduate school application support: Admissions policies, domestic application procedures, re-applying to the university, University policies and procedures
- Career exploration: Career exploration, resumes, cover letters, post-graduate applications and essays
- Continuing Student Issues: Program withdrawal/transfer, policies and procedures
- Probation Guidance & Support: Academic planning and GPA analysis, personal and academic stress
Students who received their undergraduate diploma from outside the United States may contact International Admissions at: INTLGRAD@sfsu.edu
* If you have quick questions that do not require an advising session, please contact Grad Stop at 415-338-2234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Advising is available by appointment. The fastest way to schedule a one-on-one appointment is to call (415) 338 - 2231. We can also be reached by email by contacting email@example.com. Please be aware that emails may have a one to two week turnaround time. If scheduling an appointment via email, please include dates/times you are available within the times posted below. We can help you best if you bring a copy of your transcripts with you to the advising session.
Drop-in advising may be available during the hours posted below, but is not guaranteed.
Please bring to advising a copy of transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
Spring 2017 Advising Schedule
- Monday: Unavailable
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Friday: Unavailable
** There will be no advising available during SFSU academic holidays.
Tools and Resources
- The GradGuide Succinct policies and procedures on how to move from admission to graduation
- Bulletin To review program options
- Graduate Coordinators Faculty member in your department responsible for graduate programs
- Application Deadlines
- FAQs - Information on Residency
- Class Schedule
- Class Registration Deadlines
- Financing Your Education
- Financial Aid Office
- GPA Calculators
- Academic Probation Instructions
- Student Health Services
- Student concerns and complaints
- Graduate Students Association