How can an SF State Graduate Advisor assist you?
The Division of Graduate Studies offers counseling and advising regarding issues ranging from admission to graduation. Whether you are a current, prospective masters, doctoral or credential student, we are here to assist you.
- Graduate school application support: Admissions policies, domestic application procedures, re-applying to the university, University policies and procedures
- Career exploration: Career exploration, resumes, cover letters, post-graduate applications and essays
- Continuing Student Issues: Program withdrawal/transfer, policies and procedures
- Probation Guidance & Support: Academic planning and GPA analysis, personal and academic stress
SPEAK WITH A GRADUATE STUDIES ADVISOR!
Graduate Advisors are available for drop-in advising to meet with prospective and current students for support. For available drop-in advising days and hours, please view our advising schedule below.
Spring 2018 Advising Schedule
Students are welcome to visit the Division of Graduate Studies Office (Administration Building – Room 254) anytime during our advising hours to meet for advising. Drop-in advising is conducted for 30 minutes sessions and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
*If you have quick questions that do not require an advising session, please contact Graduate Studies Advising at (415) 338-7155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For GPA calculations, please bring unofficial copies of your transcripts from all colleges/universities attended to advising.
* There will be no advising available during SF State academic holidays.*