Graduate Forms

PLEASE NOTE: In order save your personal information on the following PDF forms, you will need to:

  1. have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Click here for Free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
  2. save the PDF form to your computer desktop prior to entering your personal information.

Admission Forms

    Complete the online application for graduate admission and upload your unofficial transcripts and application documents to the Program Materials section of Cal State Apply.
  • Petition for Graduate Admission Exception (PGA) Form
    The Petition for Graduate Admission Exception (PGA) requires departmental support. Please contact your department to request an appointment with a graduate coordinator or department chair for assistance in completing this petition. Incomplete petitions will be returned to the student until all supporting documentation can be provided.
  • Residency Questionnaire Form
    This form is requested during initial review of an application when California Residency cannot be determined from information provided on the CSU Application for Graduate Admissions. You will be notified by mail or email if this form is needed. Submit this form ONLY when requested by the Division of Graduate Studies.
  • Immunization Form
    SFSU students are required to show proof of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) Immunization. In addition SFSU students who are 18 years old or younger will need to show proof of Hepatitis B immunization at the beginning of their first semester. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in a registration hold.
  • Transfer Unit Evaluation
    Graduate courses taken at another university are not automatically transferable to a SF State program. At the discretion of your department faculty, with support of the Dean of Graduate Studies, a maximum of 6 semester units may be used in meeting the requirements of a 30 unit program, or proportionally more for a program requiring 45 or more units. Students requesting transfer of units should confer with the department chair or graduate coordinator and the Division of Graduate Studies during the admission process or immediately after notification of admission.
  • Special Major Application
    Must work with Graduate Studies Advisor to develop program before applying. Call (415) 405-3655 to make an appointment to see one of our Graduate Studies advisors.

The documents linked on this page may have accessibility issues. If you encounter problems with accessing or filling out the document, please contact: Graduate Technology.