On-Campus Housing: University Park North/South
University Park Bedspace units include two- and three- bedroom University Park South (UPS) townhomes and University Park South (UPS) townhomes and University Park North (UPN) garden and tower apartments, located adjacent to the main housing community. University Park Bedspace units include:
- Utilites (gas, electric, water, garbage)
- Cable (one outlet per unit)
- One landline telephne per unit and
- Wired and wireless Internet access
Apartments and townhomes are shared and include single- and double-occupancy bedrooms. Single-occupancy rooms accommodate one student in each bedroom. Double-occupancy rooms have two students sharing a bedroom. Units have private bathrooms and are furnished with couches, dining room table, chairs and a full kitchen.
University Park North Unfurnished Apartments
The University Park Unfurnished Community offers returning and upper-division students one-tothree-bedroom apartments. These apartments are rented on a year or academic year license agreement and do include utilities. Cable, Internet access and parking are not included.
- Students in unfurnished units must provide furniture and pay for cable and internet for their own unit.
- 4 apartments are available on the Grad Floor with a total of 10 bed spaces. Please inquire about the Grad Floor when contacting University Housing.
Contact University Housing
Phone: (415) 388-1067
How To Apply for University Housing
Housing applicantions are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Housing spaces are confirmed based on application dates and dates pertaining to license agreements as outlined in the Important Dates section below. Apply during November to increase your chances of obtaining a housing space for the following fall term.
November: Apply for housing and pay the $55 application fee.
- Please note that a valid SF State ID number is needed to access the SF State Housing Portal to apply for housing. You will need to apply to the University first to obtain an SF State ID Number.
March: Complete the licensing process and make initial housing payment.
- Students will make housing preferences, set up a roommate profile, sign the Terms & Conditions, and make the initial payment. License agreement are processed on a first-come first-served basis.
June: Receive space confirmation
- Priority is based on License Agreement Received date AND Application Received date. APPLY EARLY!
July: Receive space assignment and roommate information approximately one month before move-in day.
- Confirmation and waitlisted residents must put in the cancellation request themselves. Students must send cancellation request through email with full name, student ID number, and formal request to cancel.
End of August: Move in day!
Off-Campus Housing Resources
SF State is proud to offer our students database of rental properties and our Roommate Finder Service free to SF State students, faculty & staff.
Other Housing Resources: