Returning SF State graduate students must reapply for admission to the university and the academic department if:
- You have been absent for two consecutive (spring/fall) semesters as a matriculated student;
- You have attended another college in any interval of absence.
Applications for readmission and all supporting materials must be filed in the Division of Graduate Studies by the academic department’s application deadline for the current semester. Exceptions to an academic department application deadline will not be granted beyond the first day of instruction for the semester to which you apply.
To be eligible for readmission, graduate students must:
- Have earned a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all coursework attempted at SF State in graduate status;
- If applicable, earned a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all coursework attempted at other colleges during your absence;
- Be in “good” academic standing at SF State;
- Have been making continuous progress toward degree before leaving your SF State program.
Students wishing to re-enter with a GPA lower than 3.0 must improve their GPA by taking courses through CEL Open University before reapplying.
Readmission to a graduate program is not guaranteed. Reapplications are reviewed with all other applicants during that application period.