Instructions For Submitting Application For Award Of Degree
- Click on the [SF State Gateway] button below to begin your Application for Award of Graduate Degree.
- Login to SF State Gateway and then choose the Academics tab. Here you can login to your Student Center by clicking the button ‘Student Center.’
- Once you are in your Student Center, in the dropdown menu under Academics, select ‘Apply for Graduation.’
- Follow instructions to Apply for Graduation and press ‘Submit Application’ when complete.
Pay for your Application for Award of Degree in person at the Bursar’s Office or online. When making a payment in person, specify to the cashier that the payment is for the ‘Application for Award of Graduate Degree.’ [Online payments for the Application for Award of Graduate Degree are accepted if you do not owe outstanding university fees]. If you make an online payment while owing other university fees, your payment will go towards those fees, not towards the application and you will need to pay the application fee again. For more information regarding methods of payment, please contact the Bursar’s Office at Phone (415) 338-1281, firstname.lastname@example.org. To make a payment online visit the Bursar’s Office website: www.bursar.sfsu.edu.
Paying the Application Fee Through the Student Center
- Log onto your Student Center through SF Gateway
Under the Finances section, click the 'Make a payment' hyperlink
*NOTE: You will not see the application fee charge until you have made the payment
- Click 'Click here to make a payment' link (again, the charges will not reflect the application for graduation fee at this point)
- Select the option for PostBacc (Graduate) Graduation Application Fees (Diploma, Commencement-Late Fees May Apply)
- Click Checkout
- No reference number is required to pay the fee, proceed by clicking 'Continue Checkout'
(Attending commencement - $100 application fee) ......... Friday, February 16, 2018
(Final deadline - $105 application fee) .................................... Thursday, May 24, 2018
(Attending commencement - $100 application fee)....,,,,,... March 9, 2018
(Not attending commencement - $100 application fee) .... July 13, 2018
(Final deadline - $105 application fee) ........................................Friday, August, 10, 2018
(1st deadline - $100 application fee) ..................................Friday, September 29, 2017
(Final deadline - $105 application fee) ...............................Tuesday, December 19, 2017
SF STATE GATEWAY
*Please note that the address you list as your diploma address is where your diploma will be mailed three to six months after graduation. If you move, it is your responsibility to update your diploma address in your ‘Student Center’ (this can be done under the ‘Personal Information’ tab by selecting, the drop down menu, choosing ‘Addresses’, pressing ‘Add a New Address’, and selecting the ‘Diploma’ option). If you do not update your diploma address your diploma will be mailed to the mailing address the university has on file. Addresses changed more than 45 days after graduation are not guaranteed for diploma delivery. You may have to formally request and pay for a new diploma to be sent to the desired address.
For more graduation information, please refer to the links below: