Prepare application materials in advance before starting the online Cal State Apply application. Application materials vary by program, and may require you to upload:
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample
- Test Score Reports
- Program Application Forms
- Other materials that the program is requesting
Your intended graduate program website will provide detailed instructions for each of the application materials required for review.
In addition to any documents required by your program, you are also required to upload legible unofficial copies of transcripts from each college or university attended. Including study abroad coursework, or community college coursework, even if this coursework appears as transfer credit on your degree transcript. Full academic disclosure is required.
Graduate Studies will not accept any of the following submissions:
- Illegible scanned documents
- Photographs of transcripts
- Damaged/Incomplete copies
- Screenshots/screen captures of documents
Please take note of the following when uploading unofficial transcripts:
- Scan transcripts and ensure that your document is readable and saved as a PDF
- Include transcript Key/Legend
- Ensure that the institution name and all other identifying marks are visible and clearly legible
An incomplete academic history will significantly delay review of your application. The Division of Graduate Studies may request official transcripts from you at any point during the application review process. If selected for admission, you will be required to submit official transcripts to the Division of Graduate Studies in order to secure your admission.