The purpose of San Francisco State University's Graduate Equity Fellowship program is to increase diversity by encouraging students with educationally or economically disadvantaged backgrounds and outstanding academic records to pursue and complete master's and doctoral degrees. The fellowship is only available to students admitted to a SFSU master's or doctoral degree program. Credential-only and certificate students are not eligible.
Thank you for your interest in the Graduate Equity Fellowship. The deadline to submit an application for the 2020-2021 Graduate Equity Fellowship is . Please scroll down for the link to the application after reading the eligibility requirements below.
Under the Graduate Equity Fellowship Program, awards of up to $3,500 may be made to graduate students in master's degree programs, and up to $5,000 for graduate students in doctoral programs at San Francisco State University for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education;
- be newly admitted to or Current in a SFSU master's or doctoral program by the effective date of the award;
- be considered residents of the State of California for fee purposes;
- have maintained a GPA of at least 2.70 in all undergraduate work;
- have maintained a GPA of at least 3.25 in all graduate work;
- be eligible for financial aid, as determined by the SFSU Office of Student Financial Aid;
- complete the California Dream Application for AB 540 students;
- enroll in and complete a minimum of eight units of course work applicable to the degree objective during each term of the award.
- Note: you may submit your application prior to notification of admission to graduate school. If selected, your award will be contingent on your acceptance.
How To Apply
- New students must submit the application for admission to the University and to the degree program by the published application deadline dates.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form, and submit it to the Federal Processor. You can obtain a FAFSA form from the Student Financial Aid Office in the Student Services Building.
- All applications must be submitted online through Academic Works. The Division no longer accepts paper applications.
- Login to San Francisco State’s Scholarship database at sfsu.academicworks.com.
- Search for Graduate Equity Fellowship Program.
- You will be notified of your award status in July.