Graduate Forms

DocuSign Banner
  • Apply to SF State through Cal State Apply
    Complete the online application for graduate admission and upload your unofficial transcripts and application documents to the Program Materials section of Cal State Apply.
  • Certificate Admissions Application for Continuing SF State Graduate Students
    A continuing SF State graduate student wishing to be admitted to a graduate certificate program at San Francisco State University is expected to follow the University requirements and procedures outlined herein and complete the prescribed program requirements of the desired certificate. Such requirements and procedures may include a supplementary application, a defined set of prerequisite courses, a designated GPA, written recommendations, etc., as may be appropriate for the program in question.
  • CSU Residence Questionnaire
    This form is requested during initial review of an application when California Residency cannot be determined from information provided on the CSU Application for Graduate Admissions. You will be notified by mail or email if this form is needed. Submit this form ONLY when requested by the Division of Graduate Studies.
  • Immunization Form
    SF State students are required to show proof of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) Immunization. In addition SF State students who are 18 years old or younger will need to show proof of Hepatitis B immunization at the beginning of their first semester. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in a registration hold.
  • Petition for Graduate Admission Exception (PGA) Form
    The Petition for Graduate Admission Exception (PGA) requires departmental support. Please contact your department to request an appointment with a graduate coordinator or department chair for assistance in completing this petition. Incomplete petitions will be returned to the student until all supporting documentation can be provided.
  • Second Baccalaureate Admission by Exception Request
    Complete the form to request admission to a second bachelor’s program.
  • Transfer Unit Evaluation
    Graduate courses taken at another university are not automatically transferable to a SF State program. At the discretion of your department faculty, with support of the Dean of Graduate Studies, a maximum of 6 semester units may be used in meeting the requirements of a 30 unit program, or proportionally more for a program requiring 45 or more units. Students requesting transfer of units should confer with the department chair or graduate coordinator and the Division of Graduate Studies during the admission process or immediately after notification of admission.
  • Special Major Application
    Must work with Graduate Studies Advisor to develop program before applying. Call (415) 405-3655 to make an appointment to see one of ourGraduate Studies advisors.


Advancement to Candidacy (ATC) Forms:

Culminating Experience (CE) Forms:

Certificate Forms:

Graduation Forms:

Waivers and Petitions: