How can an San Francisco State Graduate Advisor assist you?
The Division of Graduate Studies offers counseling and advising regarding issues ranging from admission to graduation. Whether you are a current, prospective masters, doctoral or credential student, we are here to assist you.
- Graduate school application support: Admissions policies, domestic application procedures, re-applying to the university, University policies and procedures
- Career exploration: Career exploration, resumes, cover letters, post-graduate applications and essays
- Continuing Student Issues: Graduate program specialists/Policies and procedures
- Probation Guidance & Support: Academic planning and GPA analysis, personal and academic stress
Speak With A Graduate Studies Advisor!
Graduate Advisors are available for drop-in advising to meet with prospective and current students for support. For available drop-in advising days and hours, please view our advising schedule.
Students are welcome to visit the Graduate Studies Office (Administration Building – Room 254) anytime during our advising hours to meet for advising. Drop-in advising is conducted for 30 minutes sessions and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have quick questions that do not require an advising session, contact Graduate Studies Advising at (415) 405-3655 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Fall 2020 Advising Schedule
- Mondays: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Thursdays: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Fridays: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
There will be no advising available during SF State academic holidays.
For GPA calculations, please bring unofficial copies of your transcripts from all colleges/universities attended to advising.