To graduate in the semester you finish your Thesis / Dissertation / Written Creative Work / Music Composition, you must complete all of the following steps by the "". Be sure to give yourself enough time to finalize all corrections and obtain the required signatures.
Formatting your Thesis:
Please use the following templates to guide you in the process of formatting your thesis:
Thesis / Dissertation Page
Before submitting your thesis for Preliminary and/or Final Format check, make sure your thesis is accessible. You can do this by reviewing the ADA/508 Compliance Checklist:
ADA/508 Compliance Checklist
Preliminary Format Check
- Students can email a Word Document of the Thesis/ Dissertation/ Written Creative Work to Graduate Studies for a preliminary format check.
- [If revisions are required] Graduate Studies will return the thesis by email, along with comments on required changes. Students must make the required changes and email the final accessible Word Document to Graduate Studies.
- [When approved] Graduate Studies will notify students by email with final instructions.
Prepare for Final Submission
- Student must title the Thesis/ Dissertation/ Written Creative Work as: Full Name_ Student ID_Dept_Thesis/Dissert_WCW.
- The Certification of Approval requires signatures. Please obtain the signatures on a Word or PDF Document separate from your Thesis/ Dissertation/ Written Creative Work. The signed document will need to be uploaded for submission separately.
- Make sure the Certification of Approval pages on your Thesis/ Dissertation/ Written Creative Work do not have signatures.
- If you will be placing an embargo on your thesis, make sure to discuss it with your Committee Chair.
Submit your Thesis/ Dissertation/ Written Creative Work directly to the Library:
- Go to: Digital Scholarship Center’s (Thesis/ Dissertation/ Written Creative Work) Submission form
- You will need upload your completed and accessible Thesis/ Dissertation/ Written Creative Work (Word Document) as well as the signed Certification of Approval.
*To Obtain Signatures on Certification of Approval Page:
The Certification of Approval requires signatures from your faculty committee members. We accept wet scanned signatures, DocuSign, or other electronic signatures such as Adobe. If faculty need additional assistance, they may reach out to a Graduate Program Specialist.
All steps must be completed by the Graduation Deadline to meet Thesis/ Dissertation/ Written Creative Work requirements.
COVID-19 Special Considerations: If you encounter any issues in obtaining faculty signatures during this time, please contact us for alternatives.
How will Graduate Studies keep track of the steps I have completed?
A: Once you submit your Thesis/ Dissertation/ Written Creative Work to the Library, Graduate Studies will receive a confirmation of submission email. Make sure to enter your correct name and student ID number. To verify that all requirements have been met, contact your Graduate Program Specialist.