Application for Award of Graduate Degree
- Login to SF State Gateway and choose the [Campus Solutions] app from the Launchpad.
- Once in the Student Center, select ‘Apply for Graduation’ from the dropdown menu under the Academics section.
- Read and follow instructions to Apply for Graduation thoroughly and press ‘Submit Application’ when complete.
- The application for award of degree fee will appear on your record as an outstanding financial obligation. It is your responsibility to pay the application fee by the semester deadline. Failure to do so will result on a $5 late fee.
Note: The Division of Graduate Studies does not defer, extend, or transfer applications for graduation. If you are unable to meet degree requirements by the term deadline, you application will be denied and you will need to submit an application for graduation for a future term.
- Click on the [SF State Gateway] button below to begin your Application for Award of Graduate Degree.
Please note that the address you list as your diploma address is where your diploma will be mailed three to six months after graduation. If you move, it is your responsibility to update your diploma address in your ‘Student Center’ (this can be done under the ‘Personal Information’ tab by selecting, the drop-down menu, choosing ‘Addresses’, pressing ‘Add a New Address’, and selecting the ‘Diploma’ option). If you do not update your diploma address your diploma will be mailed to the mailing address the university has on file. Addresses changed more than 45 days after graduation are not guaranteed for diploma delivery. You may have to formally request and pay for a new diploma to be sent to the desired address.